Sunday 24 January 2010

Laptop vs desktop

Now Ive been cut up over what to get next out of a new PC desktop or a new Mac desktop. Aswell as this very irritating and confusing predicament I have also been wondering something else. This is weather to get a laptop or a desktop. So if you think about it all in all I have a total of 4 choices, these choices are.
1. Mac desktop (which I originally wanted but I am not sure now)
2. Mac Mac book (definitely super cool and would suggest to get one if you are working on the move, and you are working with graphics or music programs)
3. Pc desktop (great value for money, I could probably get twice in the box, then what I would get for my Mac)
4. A normal PC laptop (a classic choice for affordable on the move work)

So I’m cut between the four and as many of you know, that all four choices have bonuses and disadvantages. I do work on the road a lot to be honest, so I think I may be getting a laptop, but which one. I sometimes work with graphics, depending on what type of job I am working on. I have recently started doing graphics and the programs I use are predominantly on Macintosh, this means that too carry on using these I would have to have a Mac computer. But for value for money, there is nothing like PC, the great thing is that it is easier to find components and part for PC rather than for Mac. Mac have almost monopolised the industry by making it difficult for third party company to work with Mac. For example if you want a hard drive the Mac people will only recommend you their own brand of hard drive which probably is twice as expensive as if you would get one normally. This can be a real bummer if you have not got the knowledge that we guys have.

To be honest I know im going to end up getting a laptop, because I am not working more on the move, in hotels and on trains. However I am still unsure over to get a Mac or a PC, I think over time My mind will give me the right solution, until then im going to sit back and look online at all my options, until the right one comes.

No comments: