Monday 25 January 2010

How confusing is RAM! Very apparently!

Today I realised that too run many of my programs at the same time I would most definitely have to get some more RAM. Now I thought it would be a simple case. In fact I thought that I could simply type my computers spec name and model into Google and there would be some great forum or information on what type of RAM that I would need for my computer, unfortunately I was very wrong. I found it very difficult to get any information on the computer which I needed ram for, and it was even harder because I found that My Computer is discontinued, so even if I did phone up the company, they may not be able to give me the necessary details that are important. As you can see this bugged me.

So after searching for hours and hours I finally found a place that would give me the right information. When looking for ram make sure you get the right pin, most rams are around 200pin and this is the one I needed. You should also check the speed on the ram. For my computer I needed a ram which was at 800mhz. Another you should check is of course the price, if you get it from a decent third party manufacturer, then I am sure that you will have no problems in getting a good deal. When you go the company that may have provided you with the computer then just simply, do not get what they offer. Of course if the price is right on the ram, then do so. However in most cases you will be getting ripped off, and you will be able to get a better deal elsewhere.

I would suggest that you take a good look around before purchasing one. There are many places online, and if you have serious problems finding out what type of RAM you will need for your computer, then I highly suggest that you phone the people who made your computer. The company (in most cases) will be able to tell you all the information that you will need to know about the computer and what ram it may need. Think about how much you want to spend and then get ram which is close to your buying budget, get the most ram you can get 2 or 4 gig is usually great, but make sure your computer can cope with that. If so u can bet that it will be just fine.

No comments: