Wednesday 23 December 2009

Blackberry or Iphone

For the past few months I’ve decided that I need invest in a new phone. My old phone is absolutely terrible and the battered Nokia just doesn’t do me the justice it used to do 4 years ago when it first came out. Blackberry or iphone hhhmmm, I seem to see that these are the best phones that are currently out at the minute. There seems to be this whole big fuss over which ones wins the battle.

Personally (talking from little or no experience) I thought that the I phone was more based at a professional business crowd, people who drink coffee at Starbucks reading tabloid newspapers on their work breaks, texting on their blackberry. And on the other hand I thought that the I phone was more for a more youthful crowd. The Iphone is more of a gimmicky play toy rather than a professional business phone. When I say the I phone is youthful I mean that the people who buy it may be older, but they are more youthful than the people who buy the blackberry.

So all in all I thought the demographics were totally different. May the battle of the Blackberry or I phone is more to do with the fact that they are both the most popular mobile phones, even though they are aimed at two totally different crowds. I would also say that people who are more into playing and using the internet for social reasons are people who would get the Iphone rather than the lack Blackberry. So as I look further in the Blackberry or I phone question I’ve looked at both of them into basic terms

The I phone has more application and is more application based, this is why the I phone may win over all in the Blackberry or I phone battle. The application are actually incredible, you can use your computer, using the I phone as a mouse and a keyboard, or use applications that will give you cheaper calls to certain numbers. Also the internet is generally a lot faster than the blackberry and the screen is more user friendly towards to consumer, its easy to zoom in and out with its touch screen technology.

The blackberry also has a good chance in the Blackberry or I phone competition. You know why? The Blackberry has BBchat. This is an exclusive chat (like msn messenger) that only people with a blackberry can use. The phone is all in all simpler, slicker, less complicated and more professional, rather than basing the phone around the applications, blackberry people have based it around organisation. This is probably one of the reasons that it is suited for business more than pleasure, I think im gonna get a blackberry, well we shall see what happens when I walk into the shop next week!

No comments: